domingo, 13 de julio de 2008

Reflection "Before" Looking for Alaska

Friendship can be shown in many different ways and Pudge learned how it is shown at Culver Creek Boarding School. Different people show it in different ways according to how they’ve grown up and reacted to people in there life. If someone had many experiences in witch he met a lot of bad people, he would be more careful with other friendships and he wouldn’t be nice and welcoming to new people. Other people have experienced many times were they meat nice people and can get along with them easily. This person would not be scared of new people and he would not judge people by there look. A lot of times you can tell how people are and what experiences they’ve had because of how they react with new people and school.

Since I’ve moved a lot to other schools and I’ve met people that moved to different schools, I was able to talk to them about how it was and I learned about there reactions to the people. Since I knew a little about this, when I moved to my new school I was cautions about people knowing more about me because of how I reacted to the new school. Since the school that I changed to were both in different countries, I new that I would find something a lot different from what I was used too. When I went to my new school I had to see how friendship was show there. I think that friendships, since they can be shown in different ways, are hard to get but then harder to let go. It is hard to find a good friend because it is hard to see if you can trust them. Friends are the people you choose to keep but it hard to find them. Once I thought about it, I found that I had many friends but I didn’t know witch ones I could trust. People can usually only trust the people they’ve known more.

Pudge, in his first school, was not used to the type of friendship they had and he was not able to make friends. The preps were friends with the preps geeks with the geeks. He did not like that so he decided to move to another school. In his new school it was easy for him to find out the type of friendship that they had, trust. He learned that, to be friends with the people, he has to make sure that they trust him. What confused him at a point was when one of his best friends lied to him and betrayed the group. He did not know ho to react to this and he just followed what other people did. What I noticed that happened in part one is that they would always stick together. If something happened to one person, for example in a class room, and a teacher got mad at them, then another one of the friends would leave the class with him and stand up for him. After Pudge made friends and had a good relationship with people, something happened to Alaska and nobody new what. After this, she ran away and we didn’t hear from her yet. Nobody knows what happened to her yet but Pudge really misses her. Also something that I noticed in the book was that a lot of times people would get together and be friends even though they didn’t talk or have anything in common. I thought that it was just because they needed someone to be with. Everyone at sometimes need someone to be with so they choose this person and be with them for no other reason.

No hay comentarios: