sábado, 26 de julio de 2008

Reflection on Peaches

The way you are raised in your family is the way you learn how to act. When you are little, the people you follow and learn from is your family and mostly your parents. They are the people that are in control of your future because of how they raise you. They choose to raise you a certain way and that is the way you will live your life once you are old enough to go on without them. When you are with them, they are the people that tell you what to do and they are one of the only people that have the right to do that. They are the only people that are superior to you; with them you have to follow by their rules. Once you move on, you unintentionally keep on following those rules. They are the only rules that you’ve gone through so far so you unintentionally keep them. When this happens, it means that you are acting the way your family raised you. You later go out into the world using what you learned in your experience so far and by the rules that your parents taught you. The only way to change this is by meeting people that can teach you their way of living. With this you can learn other rules and then learn which ones are good for you.

In the book, Leeda, Murphy, and Birdie each have very different life styles. They each came from different families that taught their children different customs and they each have different characteristics that stand out. They are each very different and they have difficulties getting through some problems if they don’t have a certain characteristic. When they got together at the peach orchard, they noticed how different they were to each other. Once they started to get along, they realized that they could help each other get through problems. This was because each of the girls had something that they other didn’t. They could teach each other those things and then they would all be stronger. After they learned about each other, they noticed that Birdie was a lot stronger than before, Leeda was not as perfect as everyone thought, and that Murphy was not as strong as everyone thought.

When I meet new people, I easily notice if they are strong or weak. I notice how they are with people and alone. If I make friends with them, then I either take some of their characteristics or they take some of mine. Since I have met a lot of people, I have learned a lot about them and I can get stronger. I learn from them and as I do this I can get stronger as well as them. This can happen because I can learn how they react to new places. If I am not good at that, then I can learn from him and I can have this characteristic. This happens to everyone with out even realizing it.

No hay comentarios: