miércoles, 30 de julio de 2008

Reflection for "Out of the darkness" by Jennie Rothenberg Gritz

Reading an interview of an author can tall you a lot about them and how they write. When I read about her life and learned about some of the violence in her life like her husband going to war, I thought that I new why she wrote suck a shocking story. When a writer writes, they some times, not intestinally, put some of their life in the story. Then when people read the stories that this author wrote, they can tell that he might have been hurt through out his/her life. A story can sometimes be read psychologically.

At the end of the interview she asks the questions. “What does war do to families? And what does war actually do to the common person, to the human being? I think that war hurts families very strongly. Anything that happens in a family that is strong, it will affect the family emotionally either in a negative or a positive way. And what war does to the human being is worse. The violence in the war is so strong that it can stay with you forever. It hurts you a lot emotionally to see that and it is something that is best for people not to see. It can stay with a human being for a life time and it is very hard to get through.

I, thankfully, never had to go through something that hurts someone that much. I have heard of a friend that had to go through something alike to war. It is something that separated her from her family and she will never be able to forget. I can not relate to this author because I am very different from her. I can though notice that she had a good life but with a few complications in it. Thoughts complications would always find their way out and made the best in her life.

No hay comentarios: